She's ours!!! Wan Le Hai is now officially Ava Michelle LeHai Hyatt! Ava went to sleep around 9:30 pm last night and slept through the night. She coughed a few times but didn't wake up. She has a cough that sounds like bronchitis. She doesn't cough much but when she does it is in her chest. I would love to be home and take her to the doctor. She fell asleep in my bed and I was going to let her stay there, but it is a twin bed and I knew I wouldn't sleep good sharing a twin size bed with her, so I moved her to her crib. We actually had to wake her this morning around 7:30 am. She woke up smiling and let me hold her and take her potty and put lotion on her and dress her.(Her 24 month size leggings fit her in length but are very big in the waist. The 2T dress fits, but is big in the shoulders) I even carried her to breakfast! She eats very well, but VEEEERRRRRY SLOOOOOW!!! I'm wondering if that's why she's so little and was malnourished. I'm sure the nannies could not spend that much time with her. She eats, but she does not initiate it. She ate some pancake, an egg and some watermelon and some noodles. I forgot to bring her little silverware to breakfast and the silverware they had was so big for her, so I ended up feeding her. I just kept stuffing little bites in her mouth. She's not packing her food, so I guess that's good. She's very fragile, and has absolutely no muscles at all. She walks, but doesn't walk fast. Some of it may be her shoes. All the shoes I brought were too big so we had to put on 2 pair of socks for them to fit. That probably makes it a little difficult for her to walk! She has been so pleasant. After breakfast she wanted Daddy again, but she lets any of us hold her now without crying. She gives us all kisses, and even says some words. She's just very quiet and very gentle. We left the hotel around 9:15am to go sign all of our adoption paperwork. We went to the Adoption Registration Office, the Notary and the Police Department. We had Ava's picture taken for her passport. We should recieve that by Friday. Yesterday when we met Ava for the first time, there was also another little baby from the same orphanage as Ava there who was being adopted by a Spanish family. It turns out that we saw them at breakfast this morning and again at the Adoption Registration Office. (Their picture is below. Their baby is in the red. They waited 7 years for this baby. She is Non-Special needs) The lady in our family picture was Ava's nanny. The one she cried so desperately for yesterday. Today she didn't even act like she cared. We are hoping that this is a good sign and that she will be ok when we will visit her orphanage on Thursday! It is rainy and dreary today, which made it not so fun this morning, dodging traffic in the rain with a baby and trying to carry an umbrella, but we managed! After we signed all the paperwork, we came back to the hotel and ordered Papa John's pizza to be delivered to our room. We all ate pizza, and Ava tried it. I don't think she is used to chewing food like that. She loves her cheerios and her snack cup. I fixed her some oatmeal and she ate some of that. We decided to take a nap, so Laura and Ava are asleep on one bed and Craig is asleep on the other. Christine and I decided we weren't tired enough to sleep so we came to the girls room (which is right next door to ours.) I thought I would blog this afternoon, the pictures have really been a pain to download. Christine is drawing, which she loves to do. This is the first time since we have been in China that we have had any free time, so it is really nice to just relax. After everyone wakes up from their nap we'll play for awhile and if it's not pouring we will venture out to get something to eat for dinner! Today has been a great day! Ava is coming alive, right now she's still just trying to figure us out! But she looks at us, and smiles and occasionally she will say something very quietly which we have no idea what she is saying. She really just stays where ever we put her. If we sit her on the bed she will stay there and play. If we stand her up she will follow us around to hold her. If we put her on the floor to play she just sits on the floor and plays. We are ready to see her walk around and investigate, but she's not brave enough to do that just yet. I'm sure that will come. She's precious, and I'm so glad she's ours! We love her so much already!




I'm just so happy for y'all!!!! I can't stop looking at these pictures of such a beautiful little blessing!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteSo you do get to visit the orphanage???
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pic of her walking with Christine! She's looking up to her big sister. So sweet. She does look so tiny. I'm eager to see how much she weighs. Thanks for the excellent blogging - feel like I'm there again (sorta). Hope your night is a good one. Glad Ava's warming up to mommy!
ReplyDelete