I know everyone really just wants the pictures, so I posted a lot! We were scheduled to meet Ava (they call her Hai Hai -like HiHi) at 4 pm. Craig and I decided to leave our room and get the girls and head to the conference room around 3:45. We said a little prayer together and we heard the phone ringing. They were early! So when we got to the conference room, Ava and her nanny were already there. She was just scared to death. The nanny who brought her was beautiful and was her main caretaker. Ava calls her Mama, or Momi. When I took her she cried for her nanny. We brought out the bubbles and finally Ava put out her arms for Laura to take her. She settled down a little bit but eventually it was Craig that she wanted! She is already Daddy's girl. She stares non stop at me, and lets me feed her, but she WANTS her daddy!!! In all the pictures that I have her she is crying and reaching for Craig. She stops crying when he holds her!!! Quite funny! I'm really really trying not to take it personally!! After the meeting we brought her back to the room and she looked like she was going to fall asleep. We tried laying her down in the crib (she actually pointed to it) but then we figured she was probably starved. We took her to the restaurant in the hotel and she ate fried rice, watermelon and peaches. Her little tummy seemed like it was going to burst so we stopped and came back to the room. We decided to give her a bath, and she didn't seem to mind it. When Craig wasn't around she let me bathe her, dry her off, put lotion on her, dress her and was very happy! Then when Craig walked in the room, she wanted him again, so I was toast!!! I decided to put some pictures on the blog, and the whole time she has been lying on the bed staring at me, touching Craig's cheek. Christine and Laura have been reading to her and playing with her and they have gotten big smiles! She has said a few words, blows kisses, but is very quiet. She is just taking it all in!! I thought she would fall asleep by now, because her eyes were closing at supper time! She's very little, but taller than I thought. We'll have to weigh her tomorrow. She fits in the 2T pajamas we bought for her. She's beautiful! Right now she's playing with the magnadoodle with Christine! All in all I think she has done wonderful, and we think she is PERFECT!

YAYYYYYY, Oh my goodness, LOVE THIS!!! SO, so happy for y'all!!! She is beautiful, precious, adorable, I can't wait to meet her!!! I am just beyond excited right now...can't.stop.smiling! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is just SO GREAT! What a wonderful start to our Sunday AM! Sweet little TALL girl! I know y'all are thrilled. She'll come around to her new mommy -- she may be reserved around you because she sees you as the one who is trying to "replace" her nanny/mama. It's so nice to see smiles on the first day! Bubbles and chocolate and the magna doodle were also Alaina's favorites -- Ally didn't like anything we did or had! Wishing you all a wonderful night and restful sleep (I'm sure you will spend lots of time just watching Ava snooze!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! For the first day, she did great! Hope you're all able to get some sleep tonight! ~ Jackie
ReplyDeleteCraig, Michelle, Laura & Christine,
ReplyDeleteWOW, it is so wonderful to see Ava and her FAMILY :)
I cried for three days after my adoption and was scared of my father, but that did not take long to change. It is so good to see the pictures and I know for sure that Ava is a blessed little girl to be a part of of the Hyatt family.
Gin and I sit here with a tear of joy for all of you and very much look forward to seeing Ava when you are home.
God bless you all,
Blaise and Gin
Hello you wonderful, now a family of five, family :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Blaise sister Bea from Germany. Ohhh I love to see these wonderful pictures from all of you. Ava is such a cute girl, and I`m sure she will adapt and feel comfortable very quickly with you all. I`m so much looking forward to meet you again at my next visit to Atlanta in December and to see you all together with Ava. Ava is fortunate that she is now a member of such a great family. It is so nice to know that there is now a sad abandoned child less in this world, which is facing a wonderful future, with all the possibilities life has to offer.
I wish you all a wonderful time to get to know each other.
Love greetings from Germany :)
Bea
Oh, Michelle, she's SO sweet! She's your girl and I know you know that she'll be hugging and kissing you and wanting you to hold her soon. So wonderful to see you all together! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteShe is perfect!! Hang in there friend, go ahead and cry about it but remember that this too shall pass. Take what you can get a let Craig's back get worn out-haha. Focus on enjoying your time there and she will soon see you aren't so bad after all :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulaions!!! So happy for you all!
ReplyDeleteYeah! The family is complete! I LOVE the pictures and what a treasure she is! So beautiful....sounds to me like she is transitioning so well! We are so happy for the HYATT FAMILY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful! I can't wait to see her blossom in the days to come with the love of a family poured out on her. I can't wait to follow your journey in Nanchang. We will be there in 2 weeks getting our little girl! Staying at the Galactic too!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! I love seeing children united with their forever families. Michelle, don't worry about Ava preferring your husband...my daughter Danielle did the exact same thing to me. She was handed to me on Gotcha Day, and after we went back to the hotel, she only wanted my husband. It took her a few days, but she eventually warmed up to me and she loves me now! It actually worked out really well, I was able to do the fun things...like finger feed her (while she was sitting on Steve's lap) and play with her, but I didn't have to change diapers for a while!! LOL!! Seriously, I know it's hard, but don't take it personally...this will pass and your daughter will love you soon enough. She is just grieving, she is missing her foster mother and isn't ready to replace her yet. Danielle and I were bonded by the time we left China...don't push her, she will come around!
ReplyDeleteDarcy (friend of Lucy and April)
Oh my goodness, the pictures are the most adorable! So so sweet! The joy on all of your faces is amazing. :) I can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDelete