We had another great night's rest. Ava fell asleep in my bed and I just ended up leaving her there. We started out this morning and had to go back to the police station. They evidently had Ava's ID # entered in wrong for her passport. She just had to get her picture taken again then we were done. Next we went to the Teng Wang Pavillion, this is where the Emperor came to enjoy his entertainment.
This is looking over the river from the Teng Wang Pavillion into Nanchang. It's a pretty large city. Lots of traffic and honking. Not as big as Beijing, but very big.
Ying Yangs are very popular in China. It represents "living in Harmony"
This is the roof on the very top of the pagoda. Six floors high.
Every afternoon at 11am there is a performance on the top of the Teng Wang Pagoda.
This is a happy Budda!
Craig couldn't get away from this family. They were so interested in where Ava was from, if she could understand English, and they kept saying how lucky she was. The lady in the green really wanted to hold Ava, but Ava would not go to her. That made it easier for us, because we didn't want anyone else to hold her. Ava had let us all hold her and carry her around since yesterday, but once we were on the top floor of the pavillion watching the performance, then she only wanted Craig again.
This was a very interesting fruit we saw as we left the Teng Wang Pagoda. It is supposedly very sweet, but the outside is hard. You only eat the inside.
Our guide, Lily, took us to another great restaurant for lunch today. Ava ate a great lunch!
We have been amazed that Ava and Laura can do the same weird movement with their thumbs. Ava is obviously double jointed. Her arms can move in the craziest ways!
After lunch we went to the Shenjin Tower. This is just a place where people come to hang out, enjoy the peacefulness and worship their buddas.
When Ava gets tickled, she has the silliest faces! She wrinkles up her whole face.
Here it is, a squatty potty!
And this was the restroom. It took forever for us to find it! Definitely built in ancient times!
Daddy and his little shadow!!
She's walking so much better today!
Ava has great control of a pen. She enjoyed coloring and drawing in her coloring book!
It's mid afternoon, and everyone is taking a nap again today. Laura, Ava, and Christine in one twin bed and Craig in the other. I'm not much of a napper, but I am enjoying the quiet! I think I am still in a daze and it hasn't really hit me yet that I have a 3 1/2 year old. She is just so sweet. She's a pleaser, and loves the attention she's getting. She's gentle and I think she's very smart. She's more like a young 2 year old in her size and her actions, but I was really expecting that. Today she is wearing a 24 mo size outfit. But I think she's already looking healthier, and she definitely has more energy. She gets very happy and silly after she eats. She has a sweet and funny little personality, she really takes everything in, she is trying to say some English words, she has very good motor skills as far as writing etc. She doesn't make quick movements as far as running around, but she can throw a ball and kick a balloon. I'm looking forward to seeing her blossom and flourish! And if the future is anything like the past 2 days, then we're in for a world of change. We love our little Hai Hai!!







Sometimes, I still have to sit back and think "how'd we end up here?" She will very soon just be one of the kids/girls. So fun to "join you" on this trip - love the updates! Can't wait to see y'all!
ReplyDeleteShe is precious. I love seeing the places we visited, and I can't believe it was only a year ago. Enjoy the rest if your time in Nanchang. Love the smiles!
ReplyDelete