The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 4: Nanchang 1hr 45min before Gotcha!

We are sitting in our hotel (Galactic Peace) in Nanchang, which is beautiful, just waiting for 4pm to come! We were met at the airport by our guide Lily. She brought us to the hotel, and then took us to get some lunch! Craig says that this meal ranks right up there with the best meal he has ever eaten!! We are so happy our guide took us somewhere where we could get authentic Chinese food. She ordered for us and ate with us! It was the perfect last meal for the 4 of us to have together. We saw 4 weddings at several different hotels. Our guide said it must be a lucky day!! We are all just resting and anxiously awaiting our meeting time! The director of Ava's orphanage and her nanny are meeting us on the 3rd floor in a conference room. It is around a 2 hour drive to the hotel from Wanzai, which is the city where Ava's orphanage is in. I'm really very calm. My heart starts beating fast occasionally and my tummy is just now beginning to get butterflies, but up until this very point I have been as laid back as I think I possibly could have been. I just can't wait to finally hold her! Our time is almost here!!! The girls are very excited. I really think Christine has been thinking about this all day, just wondering how it's going to be. Laura is super excited too! Craig is in his usual place, resting on the bed!! haha   Come on 4 o'clock!!!!

I have a feeling we will visit this restaurant again!!!
There was a wedding banquet going on so it was very loud and festive
We started out with sticky rice! 
This was cut up green beans in a wonderful sauce. One of our favorite dishes!!!
Probably everyone's favorite- Peach pork
This was an eggplant roll in the best sauce you've ever tasted!
Fried rice



Yum yum yum!!!

What a great meal! Our last meal as a family of 4









1 comment:

  1. I read this on my cell phone, with sleepy eyes in the middle of the night -- What you all are doing here is great - there's no other way to say it. Ava will read this one day and realize how much her family loved her even before they met her! Happy Gotcha Day! Remember it forever!

    ReplyDelete