This is the lobby of our hotel! It's absolutely beautiful. There is a baby grande piano, beautiful art, stores up and down the halls, very ritzy. But like I said our room is just average. Because of the trade fair we got 2 regular rooms, instead of a nice suite like people normally get.
Today was the day we had to go get the children's medical exams done. There are 6 different families here (including us) that all have the same guide. It was so nice to meet up with Brett and April Furber again and their little son, Cam. Plus we met some families that I have met through my facebook adoption groups which has been awesome! I actually knew 4 of the 5 families in our group.
April and Cam
Ava was really a trooper when it came to the actual medical check up. She didn't cry when she got weighed or when the doctor looked into her ears and throat. But she only wanted to be carried. She would not walk, she kept making her body limp, in fact the doctor didn't even think she could walk. We had to tell him that she could, but she was just having a little temper and didn't want to be put down. It was a horrible day for her to act like this, but I think she was just overwhelmed. There were children crying and it was so loud.
These are her measurements: 88cm = 34.6 inches 10 kg= 22 pounds
And this is after 5 days of FOOD! She supposedly was 33 in tall and 22 lbs in June when we got our update. Today she had on clothes and tennis shoes, so she was definitely NOT headed in the right direction.
We got back from the medical exam and we took off to find something to eat. We decided to try a little mexican. ( I know, mexican in China!! But it was good! I think the best part was that it was cool inside and that we actually had an adult size drink and our drinks were COLD!!)
We were all talking and Ava was drawing on the kids coloring sheet. When I turned and looked at her she had drawn all over her face with pink marker. She thought that was funny!!!
Here, Cam....don't cry, do you want a cheerio???
Burger King for supper. We walked around for over a half hour trying to find something for supper. But we weren't real hungry after our lunch, so we settled for fast food. Ava loves chicken nuggets and french fries! She likes french fries the best!!
I love you, Christine!
Laura gave Ava a bath, and she was being so silly. She was having a blast, splashing and playing.
Ava seems to come alive after her bath! She loves to brush her own hair, but tonight she decided she wanted to comb Laura's hair. She was so sweet, and gentle!
Glad you made it to GZ! What a little game player you have there! She seems like such a funny little girl...
ReplyDelete