I'm a little late in posting this because things got a little crazy yesterday! After waiting and waiting for 9 1/2 months, when I got our Consulate Appointment yesterday, things changed to a "Full Speed Ahead" mode!! I got an email around noon saying that we got our 1st choice for our CA for 10/30 at 10am!! The email said we needed to be in Ava's Province by Sunday 10/21 and we would meet her on 10/22! We have to be in Guangzhou by Friday the 26th and our CA is 10/30. We were allowed to leave 10/31 after 6:30pm or anytime on 11/1 to come back home. Fortunately I was in the house alone, because I turned into a blubbering idiot!! I was laughing and crying, and whooping and hollering all by myself. My dogs just sat there looking at me! As much as I knew this was coming, I have been so used to waiting, that I was just unable to control my emotions! Well after I collected myself, I emailed Craig, because of all weeks he is out of the country on business in Trinidad!! He was able to call me a couple times, but as soon as I talked to him, I immediately started emailing travel agents for airline quotes! By about 3:30pm I had confirmed our flight reservations! Last evening I purchased our tickets to and from China! We are leaving NEXT Tuesday, 10/16 and getting back home 11/1! We will fly into Beijing and do a couple days of touring before we go get Ava. We are just so excited! The time is finally come, and we couldn't be happier. I have been packing a little along the way, so things are not overwhelming. I had drafted up tons of emails, so all I had to do yesterday was fill in the blanks and send them out. Things are good. I actually slept better last night than I have in months! Hopefully we will get our itinerary from China Women Travel Services this evening! Just praying that all the quotes come in in the ballpark that I am expecting and not too much higher. Our plane tickets were pretty much what I have been expecting. The trade show will be going on while we are in China, so I hope things are not crazy expensive. Only 11 more days until we meet Ava.....Only 5 more days until we are on a plane to China!!!

You know how happy I am for you! Looking forward to following your journey while you're in China!
ReplyDelete