I promised that once we got through this journey (I know we aren't completely finished yet) and witnessed the miracles that we knew God was going to have to do, that we would shout of His goodness from the mountaintops, and that we would share our testimony!!
I know this is very personal, but when we started this journey and we took a huge leap of faith for God to provide for us, and we asked our friends and family to join us in this endeavor through prayers, fundraising, and more; it honestly became a very transparent journey.
I would like to share with you how God provided for us. Why would I do that?? Well, for such a long time Craig and I felt that God was calling us to adopt again, but we knew we did not have the financial resources to do it. If we can help ONE person (or family) to see that if God places something on your heart, that HE will provide. So many people say they would adopt, but they just don't have the money. THIS is proof, that you do not have to see the money in order to follow God's prompting.
Our total adoption came to $35,097.17 (that included a $4000 grant from our agency=so really it was $39, 097.17) After Craig and I figured out a way to pay for our initial agency costs, we estimated that the rest of the money that we would need to be fully funded was around $23,000. (once we got our true costs, the amount we needed for us to travel, not including Craig, was $22,778) And if you remember from one of my beginning posts, we knew that we did not have a back up plan. We just had no way to come up with that kind of money. But God had a plan. Through many fundraisers, an auction, garage sale, donations, refund check from Ava's post placement agency, (and any kind of monetary birthday gift, or christmas gift we received) selling personal items, selling t-shirts, threads of hope bracelets, selling coffee, Laura's canvases, raffles, and a $3000 matching grant-----
We raised a total of $20,898.24!!! (you can do the math--it was just $1879.76 shy of our fully funded amount)
It humbles us and we are amazed at God's goodness! We will forever tell of His faithfulness! Has it been easy---NO!! Am I glad this part of our journey is over--YES!!!! Would I do it again--- DON'T ASK THAT RIGHT NOW!! Haha---I think this will be like childbirth---I need to get to the point where I forget all the pain and hardwork before I'm ready to do it again.......I've learned never to say never. But right now, I'm looking forward to getting Andrew home, and just enjoying life!! No fundraisers, no paperwork! I feel like our family will be complete. But I would LOVE to be a mentor to someone who may be considering adoption. Please listen to that still, small voice. Whatever that voice is telling you to do, Listen!

Beautiful testimony of faith and love, Michelle! You and your family--your faith--has certainly inspired and lifted me! I look forward to sharing the next chapter of your journey! <3
ReplyDelete