The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 11 Shamien Island/ Riverboat Cruise

Our God Reigns!!! We had another very good day! We went to Shamian Island today and just really enjoyed walking around and of course eating lunch at Lucy's! 
Andrew also spent a lot of time wanting to sit with his sisters and even letting them push him in the stroller. When we walk somewhere he will choose their hand over mine. But he always wants to know where I am! He likes having all of us together which is sweet! I'm just so thankful for a happy day. We have tried to speak more Chinese to him and it's helped a lot! 


Lunch at Lucy's!!!
We felt like we were in heaven with our Jumbo Sweet Iced Tea with Lemon!!!

This is a famous spot where all the little children have their picture taken!!

Andrew cooperated so nicely!!


We loved shopping on Shamien Island!!
Our guides arranged a van to drop us off and pick us up so we didn't worry about having to flag down a taxi!! Andrew loves Pringles, by the way. It saved us many times!
Tonight we went on a dinner cruise on the Pearl River and I know it was beautiful but what I will remember most is staring at the back of Andrew's head to make sure he wasn't going to climb up the rails and jump overboard! When he first saw the water he began to take off his shirt! As pretty as it was on the water with the beautiful lights, I was pretty stressed- I would have felt better with a life jacket on him and a leash. I'm still getting to know what he will and will not do, but finding out on a big boat at night time wasn't what I wanted to do! 




You can tell he wanted down, but Laura and I had death grips on him!!
We ordered pizza for the girls and I, and I ordered some kind of rice dish for Andrew, but it came with pineapple, pork, and a tomato sauce. It was really gross. So he had potato chips, watermelon and crackers for supper. Poor little guy.  Another family offered us the rest of the noodles their little girl didn't eat, but he didn't want them. Dinner on the boat was a little tough.

When we got back to the hotel I gave Andrew a bath, he ate some oatmeal, sang some songs, said our prayers and he willingly got in his bed and was asleep within about 5 minutes!!! Sure does beat the hour and a half that I spent last night trying to get him to go to sleep!!

We got Andrew's visa today so we can now come home! We have a free day tomorrow ( because I chose not to take the 1:45am flight tomorrow night) then we are coming home on Friday!! (Thursday at 12:30 am your time!) 😀 I'm so ready!!


No comments:

Post a Comment