Andrew was fine in the waiting room and in the ENT room. He even sat on my lap in a chair and let them check his eyes, and stuck out his tongue, etc. He was very nervous that he was going to get a shot and he kept asking all the nurses and doctors if he was going to get a shot. They told him no. (They lied) Anyway, when we went in the room where they took his temperature (with an ear thermometer) he was very upset. He cried and kept looking at me to help him. He cried again when he had to take off his clothes for the doctor. After every scary event he would cry and let me hold him for a couple seconds and say "mama, mama, mama" to me over and over again. I would wipe his tears and give him snacks and toys and he would get better. Earlier this morning in our room he decided he really liked his doggie snuggie and a little rubber duck so he carried them around all morning. When it was time for him to get his tb test I had to pick him up and hand him to the nurse, where they would take him into a room by himself and then they would give him back to me when he was done. Horrifying. Anyway when it was time to hand him over, he clung to me for dear life. They had to pry him off of me. I had to walk into the room and give him to the nurse. I could hear him screaming with the door closed. When he came out he jumped into my arms and I got to hold him and comfort him for just a second or so before he wanted back into his stroller. But then I gave him doggie and his duck and some gold fish and eventually his tears were gone. I got to be his hero for a little while. Unfortunately I know it was super scary for him.
When we were done with the medical exam our guide took us to Trustco where we got some snacks and got to see some crazy food!! And smell some crazy smells!!
Laura, Andrew and I got home, grabbed Christine and Ava and our guide took us to a good Noodle Restaurant. Andrew is getting the hang of getting into the chair next to me and eating his food. It is annoying that he bangs on the table with his chopsticks over and over until our food comes, or twirls the lazy susan round and round, or scratches the back of his chair with his fingernails over and over!!! Crazy little guy!!! After that we walked back to the hotel with a little detour along the way. Laura wanted ice cream, and she was going to wait until we got up to the room to open them, however I figured they would really be melted by then so I opened Andrew's and Ava's and let them eat theirs on the way back. HAHAHAHA!!! Can you say "bad idea, mama???" Andrew absolutely loved it and this probably helped a lot with the bonding process, lol---but Ava hates messes so she was frantic to get rid of her ice cream!! Both of them had chocolate hard shell falling all over them and ice cream dripping everywhere. Andrew was much messier than Ava so I just wheeled him into the bathroom with his clothes on, put him in the bath tub and took off his clothes and gave him a bath!! He splashed around and layed down and walked around and played and giggled and talked and sang!!! I was tempted just to keep him in the bathtub for containment purposes, but he needed a nap and I had to meet our guide to go over our final paperwork. So I got him out of the bath and got him asleep for his nap 5 minutes before I had to leave!!!
We got back to the room, got ready for bed and that's when Andrew goes a little wild. After almost everyone else fell asleep Andrew was still up bouncing in his bed, singing, playing, anything but his normal rocking back and forth and putting himself to sleep. After prayers tonight I rocked Ava a little bit and I just began to wonder how in the world we would ever have a nice peaceful bedtime routine. After I put Ava in her bed Andrew gave me his rubber duck to rock. After that he gave me his doggie snuggie to rock. After that I put out my hands and he let me rock him for about 30 seconds!!! His heart is opening up to me. He could never calm down tonight, and I noticed that he didn't start his usual self soothing rocking. Finally I just went over to his bed, layed down beside him (normally he will shoo me away) and just layed him down, put my arms over him and just began patting his back. He didn't push me away, but turned on his tummy and let me pat him for a long time. That just amazed me. He's starting to cry a little more, and let me comfort him, and touch him. It's just so exciting to see the changes in him already!! God is so good, He hears our prayers! He knows what Andrew needs, and He knows what we need. Thank you Jesus for your Love, I am amazed everyday at your goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment