The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 6 Flight to Guangzhou

****Since we were traveling for most of the day, our photos were taken on our phones, and I can't get them uploaded right now. I believe Laura was going to post what she had. I will come back and upload mine later******


Everyone slept in until about 7:45am!! Yay, what a wonderful way to start the day!!! We went to breakfast then headed back up to our room to start packing up for our 3:30 flight to Guangzhou. We had to check out and leave the hotel by 1pm.

We got packed up and headed to the airport! Andrew was fine at the airport. He was interested in a car that was on display---he really wanted to touch the wheel, but there was a rope up so he couldn't get that close. He yelled about that! I managed to pull him away but he doesn't quite understand the meaning of "no"! We boarded the plane and Andrew jumped in his seat and went straight for the window spot and stared out the window! Thankfully that was his seat or else we would have had another tantrum! He was really interested in all the cars, and baggage carts, and airplanes. When I had to fasten his seat belt, he was just so upset. He struggled and twisted and got out of the seat belt. Finally I had to make it a little tighter and he just cried and cried for the very first time. Big crocodile tears. But as soon as the plane revved up and started going fast for take off he was fine. Soon after that he fell asleep! He slept for a nice amount of time. Ava fell asleep too. She's been a little "off" the past couple of days. Very sleepy and dopey. She's not eating well, and we think maybe she isn't drinking enough, so we are really trying to monitor this better!!!  When it was time to descend I was feeding Andrew some dinner, so I just quietly slipped the seatbelt on him and he didn't seem to mind!! Maybe he understands why he needs it now!! So we made it through the 2 1/2 hour flight and met our guide along with a couple other WACAP families and we headed to our hotel.
We took a van with another family who was also staying at our hotel and Andrew was just so whiny and impatient. He kept wanting to pull a toy away from another little girl who had just been adopted. He can have his arms full of toys but he always wants what someone else has. And he throws a fit when he doesn't get it. Also when he gets mad he will raise his arm like he's going to hit us. I was talking to the other mom and she said there are some children that are "favorites" at the orphanages, and I really think Andrew was just spoiled rotten. He is so cute and I think the nannies probably gave him whatever he wanted. That would also explain the great bond he had with them. What a little mess we have!!! Andrew continued to be stubborn and a little energizer bunny times 1000 when we got to our room, which was around 8:30pm!! Finally after blood, sweat and tears (actually no tears!) he fell asleep and all was well in the world!!! We are in one big room this time. The bedroom has 2 twin beds where Andrew and I sleep, then there is a little suite area with a desk and couch and coffee table where the girls are sleeping. We bought an air mattress for Laura and Christine and Ava is sleeping on the couch. Andrew was very upset that he wasn't sleeping with Ava, but Ava wouldn't sleep in the room with him by herself! It will be interesting at home, because they are sharing a bedroom. Twin beds, but the same room!

I'm happy we got through this day, I was dreading the plane flight! We are on our final week before we get to head home!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment