We went to a couple of different places today-First we went to the Chen Clan Academy which was a real pretty building built about 120 years ago. The detail is absolutely amazing on the buildings. The Chen family is one of the largest families in Guangzhou.
My two littles!! Andrew had about 5 toys in his lap today. It's actually really cute-we had to teach Ava to play with toys and she still doesn't have one favorite toy she's attached to. Andrew loves his toys!!
I think the red lanterns are so pretty!
Can you imagine the hours it took to build this building, and paint and carve these designs?
My two big girls!
This is a sweet family with our agency that we have been doing some tours and dinners with. This lady adopted two children this time, a 12 year old boy and a 17 month old little girl!
We got Andrew to get out of his stroller by telling Ava to start running around!! He hopped right out and began chasing her. Ava seemed to feel a lot better today :)
I can see that Andrew's 4 year old portrait is going to be so much fun!!
The next place we went was to the Guangxiao Temple. This was just a place where people came and worshipped their buddhas. I'm just so thankful that I have The One and only true God. A God that hears my prayers wherever I am.
Andrew has a scowl a lot of times for pictures. Sometimes it's because the sun is in his face, sometimes it's because he doesn't want to look at us, and it could be that he has no idea what taking a picture means!
Me and my FOUR children!!
People would bring food to this Buddah.
After our tours we went back to the hotel, went to lunch, stopped by Starbucks then headed to the park to let Ava and Andrew play. Speaking of Starbucks, I have NOT had coffee since I've been to China. I know, that's crazy. But it tastes HORRIBLE, not even like coffee at all. I can't even add enough cream or sugar to make it bearable. So we took the kids to the park, and I will just let the pictures speak for themselves. Andrew was the happiest I've ever seen him. He laughed and jumped and ran and pretended he was a dog for over a half hour. It was so humid and hot today that he had sweat pouring down his face. And he crawled around on his knees (barking) so long that his knees are red!
After the park we were headed back up to the room so Andrew could take a nap. But I decided that we should just play instead. We were all so sweaty and Andrew was filthy, so we went up to get our bathing suits on and came right back down. Laura was able to tell Andrew that we were going swimming so he was willing to leave the park in order to do that. And he was very excited. Otherwise I think I would have had to pick him up screaming and kicking like I have to do sometimes when he doesn't want to do something!
Just like the park, he had the time of his life!!
We were able to play for a good amount of time before we had to get out due to thunder. Of course Andrew didn't want to get out, so I had to scoop him up in a towel and man handle him to his stroller! I'm getting very strong!
Today was a very good day. He's definitely trusting us more, and I know he had a great time today. He's still impatient and yells a lot, but it was so much fun to see him having fun. I am just so thankful to see him squeal with delight when he's happy. Andrew has made huge changes these past 7 days! Only God can do this, and I just give Him all the praise. It hasn't been easy, and sometimes I just feel horrible that I am already having to discipline him so much. There were tons of naughty things he did today, but when we hear the laughter, we know it's going to be all right!!
No comments:
Post a Comment