The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christine's 1st Band Concert



Christine had a great 6th grade band concert tonight. She has really enjoyed learning how to play and she's quite good! I was tickled that she decided to play the clarinet. I played the clarinet all through middle school and high school and I loved it. My parents bought me a used wooden clarinet and I remember being the only one with a wooden clarinet. When Christine said she wanted to play, we took my clarinet in to be re-furbished and they were surprised at how great the condition was after all those years. The salesman said there wasn't much that needed to be done, so we just had it oiled and cleaned real good. The sound of a wooden clarinet is really pretty! I loved my band days, those were good memories :)

1 comment:

  1. Christine!! Would you stop growing up already!!! Just kidding...I am so proud of you! Thank goodness a new baby girl is coming behind you! I too played the clarinet in 6th grade...for about 2 weeks. I was terrible...no talent! You go, girl! Luv ya
    Aunt Pammie

    ReplyDelete