The Hyatt's
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Chinese New Year Celebration
We were invited by the Harkness' to a little get together at Lin's Bistro to celebrate the "Chinese New Year!" We had such a good time and met a lot of new friends. So many sweet stories were told :) As I sat and listened to each persons story and how and where they got their children, I realized that it will probably be Craig and I who are blessed even more than Ava will be. We sat by a man who couldn't stop talking about the day they got their son ( front and center in the picture above.) He and his wife had three other children, but this man absolutely was glowing when he talked about his son, "Zi." Eventhough it had been 4 years ago, he spoke about it like it was yesterday. I know that God touched his life through Zi, and that Zi is one precious little boy. There were probably only a couple people there who have only gone to China once to adopt a child, the others have been 2,3, even 4 times. They all say that once you've gone, you're just hooked! We'll see about us, I have to get through this one adoption before I can even possibly think about going back. I know we've just begun, but waiting is already testing my patience!! I also got to meet Donna. She has helped me on the phone so many times, and walked me through this process. She has been so helpful. I really thank God for putting us in a community where there are other children that have been adopted from China, and other parents who have been down this road before us. If anyone thinks that is just coincidence then I'd have to say that I DO NOT agree with them. I so believe that this is part of God's plan, and I'm so happy that He loves me enough to let me go on this amazing journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We had so much fun in China with the Burke's (Zi's family) and have stayed friends with them since. Loving your blog! I'll mark it in my favorites!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog! Looking forward to following you along to your baby girl :)
ReplyDeleteI am the proud aunt of Ava Michelle. I just read Michelle's Blog for the first time. I have just cried and cried. It hurts so incredibly bad to think of her hungry. I am totally overwhelmed with concern for her now, thinking of things I had not thought of before. However, I know that God is in control and as Rebekah says, "Worrying is a sin. If you worry you are saying that God cannot handle the situation." I think we know that is incorrect. God is in control. HE will provide for little Ava. I am proud of you, Michelle, Laura, Christine, and Craigy!
ReplyDelete