It has been 31 days since we decided to adopt. Sometimes it seems like it has already been an eternity. I feel like I have accomplished a lot. We mailed off tons of paperwork to our agency (BAAS, Bay Area Adoption Services) and to our Home Study Agency (CCAI.) I have ordered marriage and birth certificates, we have all received our passports, had Doctors appointments, reference letters, financial statements, and so on. There has been no stone unturned as far as the information that the agencies want and require. If you ever thought you had a secret, you would be WRONG!!!! Craig and I both had our individual meetings with our Social Worker this week. I really like our lady, she was very nice and informative. Craig and I both had to write autobiographies about our life. I think mine was 13 pages or more. Like I said, no secrets!! Our next and final home study visit will be February 1st. After the home study, then we'll work on our I-800 and our Dossier. I'm very pleased so far about how fast things are going. I know there will be a time when all we do is WAIT, but for now, I've been very busy.
The Hyatt's
Thursday, January 19, 2012
No Secrets!!!
It has been 31 days since we decided to adopt. Sometimes it seems like it has already been an eternity. I feel like I have accomplished a lot. We mailed off tons of paperwork to our agency (BAAS, Bay Area Adoption Services) and to our Home Study Agency (CCAI.) I have ordered marriage and birth certificates, we have all received our passports, had Doctors appointments, reference letters, financial statements, and so on. There has been no stone unturned as far as the information that the agencies want and require. If you ever thought you had a secret, you would be WRONG!!!! Craig and I both had our individual meetings with our Social Worker this week. I really like our lady, she was very nice and informative. Craig and I both had to write autobiographies about our life. I think mine was 13 pages or more. Like I said, no secrets!! Our next and final home study visit will be February 1st. After the home study, then we'll work on our I-800 and our Dossier. I'm very pleased so far about how fast things are going. I know there will be a time when all we do is WAIT, but for now, I've been very busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment