The Hyatt's
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Magnificent Monday!!
Well for a Monday, I'd have to say this was a very good day!! We got a new (used; 2003 Jetta) car for Laura to drive! I know it will be dubbed "Laura's car," but Craig and I plan on driving it some too!! It's really cute with some features that I really like! (leather seats, seat warmers, and a sunroof!) This will be a good little car for her to drive back and forth to school and hopefully will last through college, too :) It's hard to believe that my baby Laura is old enough to be driving!
Another great thing about today was that it was our last visit with our Social Worker for our Homestudy!! She got to the house around 6:30pm and stayed until about 8:45pm. She made us all feel very comfortable and she was extremely informative. She said she was not worried about us, and thought we would do fine with an adoption. Both Craig and I have been doing a lot of reading and we know that it will not always be smooth sailing, but we know that God will pave the way for us, and give us the strength and insight to help our little Ava know that we love her! It's really hard when I read about situations where the child is never able to attach to their adoptive parents, or where it takes several years. I'm just praying for a miracle, because I cannot imagine not being able to love and hug and kiss my new little daughter. I believe that God is a big God, and I'm asking Him to work this all out, because it's very scary if I try to think about all the bad things that could happen. I've heard many people say to prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. I will do my part and read and study about all the different scenarios and "what ifs," but I do believe with all my heart that God has a sweet little girl already in mind for us! And I know that God will not give us more than we can handle :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just do what you can to prepare now - which is what you are doing. Talk to lots of people about their experiences. Pray, of course. The hardest parts are usually the first few days in China and then the first few days at home (jet lag is brutal on everyone). Be encouraged by the tiniest glimpses of progress with her. Ya'll will do great!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Laura what a cute car!! I am prud for you!
ReplyDelete