The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 15: Guangzhou Going Home!!!

Written about the day of November 1, 2012

The time has come to say good bye to China!!!!

Eventhough we can't wait to get home and begin our new life with our new daughter/sister, it is sad. We have had the time of our lives. We have experienced a different culture and spent 2 1/2 weeks in the country where little Ava was born. Now we are getting on a plane and taking her far far away from her country. I've said it before but it is surely bittersweet. When we would go different places and see the beautiful things that make up the Chinese culture, a part of me is sad that Ava won't experience that first hand. But when I think of how her life has been the past 3 1/2 years without a mommy, daddy and family who love her, I don't feel sad at all. We can take her to Chinese events and teach her about her country. She will know where she came from, but we will also teach her how much God loves her, and that He has a wonderful plan for her life. I just think about how special she is that God chose HER, out of all the little orphans to be OUR daughter, and how He chose US out of all the adoptive parents to be HER parents. Sometimes I just can't wrap my little brain around the concept of how much God actually loves us. This adoption has shown me more about God's love and mercy and saving grace, than anything I have ever experienced in my life. We were all little orphans at one time, before we knew our Father's love, before we accepted Jesus into our hearts. Before He came into our lives to SAVE us from our current situations. Even with earthly parents, our lives are empty and lonely if we don't have our Heavenly Father to guide us, and love us, and comfort us. To give us a Hope and a Future. My heart has changed and my eyes have been open and I know without a doubt that God has called us (the Christian body) to take care of the orphans (and the widows.) The ones who need families.....and to show them God's love. His gentle, caring, FOREVER love!

Way, way, way to much luggage! It was so hard to lug all this around. I don't know what I would do differently, but I would TRY not to take so much!

Waiting in the hotel lobby to go!


See See My Playmate...... Ava was intrigued! She sure does love her big sisters!

Oh, and Ava did very good on the plane rides home. She didn't like the take off and landing where she had to be strapped in. She slept about 8 hours on our 14 hour plane ride! I think the traveling back and forth to China was the absolute hardest part. Just not being able to get up and move around for 14 hours is pure torture! But we made it! And yes, I'd do it all over again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment