The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Saying goodbye...


We found out March 1st that my dad had stage IV pancreatic cancer. He passed away last night, May 21st in his sleep. What a crazy, emotional 3 months. It's so hard to believe he's really gone. But I'm so thankful that he is not in pain anymore. He's free... Cancer is a horrible disease. Just horrible. My dad lived to be 67 years old. When he found out he had pancreatic cancer that was already in the final stages, he was so accepting. He didn't question anything, or feel sorry for himself. He said from the beginning that he had the easy job, that it was my mom and the one's he was leaving behind that had it hard. My dad was ready to die, and he wasn't afraid. I really questioned how I would have reacted if it would have been me. Right away my dad starting getting things in order and taken care of for my mom. He did as much as humanly possible in the time he had, to make things easier on her. He was so responsible, and so smart. My dad was always brutally honest, which sometimes upset me. But, you never had to guess where you stood with him! He knew something about everything. He was a hard worker and had a wonderful career. Unfortunetely, he only retired about a year and a half ago, so he spent most of his life working. I feel like he was robbed of living out a long life, but obviously God had other plans for him. I have always said that it's easy to believe that God has great plans for your life when they are plans that you like. It gets a little harder to trust God, when the plans don't seem so wonderful. Or when they don't make sense. My dad and I have surely had our differences throughout our lives, he was very headstrong, and I guess I inherited that trait from him! Sometimes life is just sad, and I guess this is one of those times. However, I'm sure that my dad is not sad right now. He is already spending his days with God, doing whatever it is that you do after you die. He already knows what heaven is like, and for that I am not sad. I will rejoice that my dad was a christian and he knew where he was going. But in the meantime, he will be missed on this earth. I guess for now I will have to say goodbye, dad. But I know there will be a day, when we will meet again!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this! Hope you are doing okay! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

    Ciara
    http://yougivemehope1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful written post and tribute to your father. Praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. This was a beautifully written post and tribute to your father. You and your family will be in my prayers during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss! Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete