The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December Week 1

Ava and I were in Lifeway Christian Bookstore one day last week, and while we were there another mom and I started talking. One thing led to another and we ended up talking about Ava and how we had just been home about a month with her. While I was talking to her, an older gentleman came up to us and began telling us about his daughter in law's sister who had adopted from China. This man started blowing Ava kisses and rubbing her hand, then all of a sudden he plopped this little stuffed doggie in Ava's arms and told her it was hers!! He bought it for Ava!!! We thanked him a million times, and Ava started kissing it and rocking it like a baby. The man said that Ava made his day. She blew him kisses, and waved bye-bye. He was so sweet! That made our day too!

Ava helped me make monkey bread last Sunday morning! 

Ava loves to be "pulled" in her wagon.  But I have really been trying to make her walk and get some exercise. Today I used a different tactic. We loaded all of our soccer balls into the wagon and we both pulled the wagon! It worked!!!

Our "fashion queen" put on some shoes and socks with her nightgown, then climbed up on our bed!! But she couldn't get down! She had been that way for about 2 minutes or so while I went to take her picture, then I helped her slide down.

Dear Santa, I have been a real good girl. I would really like ______________ for Christmas!!

While we were at the mall today, we stopped at the little play area. Ava climbed up the little slide all by herself (it was a first) and slid down without any help!! She is still a little unstable, but she sure has progressed since we have been home!!

She is loved!! And she really loves us! She calls me mama all the time, and is becoming my little shadow! But this week she is also beginning to play a little on her own so I can actually fold some clothes, or empty the dishwasher, etc!! We just can't imagine life without her!!



1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of her sitting on the footstool with the her legs crossed. So cute!! Love to hear how she's lovin' her mama!

    ReplyDelete