The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Friday, December 14, 2012

December Week 2


Laura got her official acceptance letter from North Georgia College and State University!!! We are so proud of her. This was her first choice of where she wanted to go. It's a beautiful campus, in a quaint little town.  We are so excited for her! What a huge decision. I just can't believe that my "baby" will be going to college next year! She's ready, I am praying that I will be too.





This past weekend we went to Lake Lanier Lights with our friends. We rented a van so it wasn't so pricey, and we had a great time! Ava had so much fun with her new friend Emma.

This week was filled with doctors appointments for Ava. Monday we went to the eye doctor, and her eyes are perfect! She was such a big girl. She held the doctor's hand and we walked down the hall together. She's surely not shy!!  And she seems to charm everyone around her!

Tuesday, Ava went to the dentist. They said her teeth looked great. She let them look at her teeth, count them and brush flouride on them, but would NOT let them clean her teeth with the electric toothbrush. They didn't even try to do X-rays. I know that they took good care of her teeth in her orphanage. I'm so thankful, because I've heard horror stories where the child's teeth have been so bad that they have had to have them pulled. The Dr. said that her teeth were nice and strong. I was concerned about that since she was in the hospital with malnourishment as a baby. So, we have seen her pediatrician, eye doctor, and dentist, and everyone agrees....she's PERFECT!! We have an appt for a hearing test in January.

Wednesday I took Ava to get her picture made. Oh Heavenly days.....what was I thinking???? She was ready to leave as soon as we walked in, about an hour and a half later, we left with 1 half way decent picture, and I had worked up a sweat for sure!!! Every time the lady lifted the camera to take a picture Ava would run to me and hold on for dear life! She's such a HAM, I was really surprised that she wouldn't smile.

Tonight was our 1 month post adoption visit. It went great! Our Social Worker said she didn't see ANY delay tendencies at all with Ava. She may be a little behind in her speech since she wasn't used to eating solid foods. She said that could affect her speech because her jaw is not as strong as it should be! I thought that was very interesting. She said China probably gave her the label as Special Needs to get her adopted faster. So sad, but what a blessing for us!!!

Here are some pictures of our week!

Piggy tails!!

She LOVES to run around naked!!!

Ava and Taylor at Chick Fil A!! What a great time.

Ava and Jie Jie Laura!!
Ava loves her Daddy and her sissy Christine! And Olive Garden! I ordered Ava her own kid's meal.....what did she eat??? MY soup!!! Ha! Luckily it was unlimited, so we both were happy!

Please note that she is POSING for the picture.....why couldn't she have done this when I was paying for it?????? lol






No comments:

Post a Comment