The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pasta Dinner Fundraiser

I just want to say that we have such sweet friends! Laura's good friend Natalie and her mother Rosanne are organizing a Pasta Dinner Fundraiser for us on October 6th. We are so excited and very touched at their generosity to donate their time and energy! Another one of Laura's good friends, Jacob was able to get his church for our venue. The dinner will be held at Dacula First Baptist Church in their fellowship center. There will be room for people to eat, play, socialize, etc. Another one of Laura's friends, Paul is planning on singing with some of his friends! We are just so excited!!

I wanted to share our Adoption Costs. I spoke with someone the other day that was truly surprised that we had to "pay" to adopt an orphan. I think she thought that since this child didn't have a home or parents that if we payed to go to China to get her, that we wouldn't have to pay anything else. Well, I think that's a very good idea, but unfortunately that is not the way it works. I am sharing the following information merely to show you where your money that we will receive from the fundraiser will go!

Adoption Expenses already paid:   $14,032.45
This includes Agency Fees, Document Fees, FedEX, Passports
Donations received:  $1878
Money received from T-shirt fundraiser, necklace and coffee fundraisers:  $180.86
Adoption Expenses still owed: $21,400- (donations) $2058.86 = $19,341.14
This includes our hotel, orphanage donation, in country medical fees, and plane flight.
 It DOES NOT include our food, or any touring that we will do.
The money that we make from this fundraiser will go towards the loans, etc 
that we have taken out in order to adopt Ava. We feel strongly that this is God's plan
for our family, and we are choosing to follow His call! 
Thank you in advance for your prayers and your support!






1 comment: