The Hyatt's
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Emotions
Ok, I said I wasn't going to blog about this, but I guess I lied!
My emotions have been working overtime lately..... if anyone thinks that an adoptive mommy doesn't have the same hormones as a pregnant mommy, then it's obvious they have never adopted! (or been pregnant!)
I have been "nesting!" Cleaning everything, organizing everything, packing (yes, Ava's suitcase is already packed---and we probably have 6 more weeks until we travel!) Reading everything I can relating to adoption and travel.
Emotions....well that's a deep subject. Could I be emotional because I have been hurrying up and waiting for the past 9 months? Could I be emotional because I have absolutely NO control over my daughter, who lives a world away? Could I be emotional because I'm trying to prepare and buy things for a child and I don't even know what she likes? Could I be emotional because I also have a SENIOR in high school, and I need to deal with those feelings too? Plus Craig has this boss who puts so much stress on Craig everyday.....and we are trying to figure out God's plan in that area.
Crying.....yep, crying! I think I cry all the time. I cry when I think about Ava, I cry when I think about Laura going to college, I cry when I think about how fast Christine is growing up, I cry when I see the blessings God has given us. He's so good to me, and that really makes me cry. I can't even comprehend His love for me and for us! I cried the other night at a band meeting when I was talking to another mom. I'm crying right now, just thinking about crying!
Stretch marks....now that's a good one! I definitely have stretch marks. God is stretching my faith, He is stretching my trust, He is stretching my patience, He is stretching my world!
Thankful. Yes I am thankful for my emotions, for my tears, for how God is stretching me and molding me and teaching me. I can't imagine how empty I would feel if I didn't have a relationship with God. I can't imagine how lost or lonely I would feel. Because life is not easy. It's not even easy WITH a relationship with God. But I have a purpose with Him. And I have a God who loves me when I'm full of emotions, when I'm crazy and obsessive and a "cleaning" fool!
I look forward to the future, and I'm thankful for today......
Life is an adventure, full of emotions, high's and low's. I'm thankful for this adventure that we are on right now. Hormones and all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love this, so true, especially the stretch marks!!! We can cry together!!:-)
ReplyDeleteOh, Michelle, you captured my emotions exactly! Just thinking about Isabel brings me to tears... no matter what I'm doing.
ReplyDeleteWe seem to be about 2 weeks behind you. Too bad we won't be able to meet up in China.
LOVE THIS!!!!
ReplyDelete