The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Break

This wasn't our normal Spring Break celebration like years past. But nothing has been "normal" now for the past month. I just haven't had the chance to sit down and catch up for awhile. It's really been a challenging time with so many different things going on. I guess the most important thing that has happened (which has changed everything) was that on March 1, I found out that my dad has stage IV Pancreatic Cancer. It was a total shock to everyone, including himself.  I've learned a lot about the cancer since my dad has been diagnosed, but it is the most silent, painful cancer there is. It is terminal and my dad was said to have 2 - 4 months to live. Since then we have spent as much time as humanly possible with my parents. They live about 6 hours away from us, so it's not easy right now with everyone in school, etc. We went initially and were able to be there when my brother and his family were there, then we went back over Spring Break, and I went to help my mom last week by myself. Craig's parents came to help Craig with the girls, and to get them everywhere they needed to be. My dad had an incident before I went that put him in a Hospice house for awhile, but when I was there we were able to get him back home. Things are progressing fast, my dad is very weak, and he even had a little stroke. I'm not going to go into much more detail except to say he is ready to go, and does not want to keep living like he is anymore. He isn't wanting to eat, he needs help doing everything and things change every day. One day he was playing golf and two days later he was in the hospital. We know God is in control, but to be honest, my whole life seems so OUT OF CONTROL right now. I've never needed God more, there are so many other things that are crazy too, my dad is just the most important right now. Please pray that my dad will not suffer and that Hospice can help keep him comfortable.

This was taken over our Spring Break. My dad was still feeling fairly good at this point.

We had a little "Graduation Party" for Laura. My parents gave Laura a new computer.

On our last day of Spring Break we went fishing. No one caught anything and it started raining so our time was cut short. But it was fun all the same!

This girl loves HUGS!

Daddy and Ava

Christine trying so hard to catch a fish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment