The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Changes ahead....

Life is always full of changes, and we are about to experience some! For the past month I have been attending meetings to see what services Ava qualifies for as far as school, therapy, etc. After testing and evaluations, Ava has been approved to be in the Early Childhood Development program in our county. To start, she will attend a local elementary school in their Pre-K program. She will begin after Spring Break and go Mon-Fri, 8:15-2pm. We visited today for a couple hours and Ava seemed to love it. She joined right in, and watched the teacher (instead of me) a lot! There are 7 boys in her class, she is the only girl!! They all loved her immediately and gave her lots of kisses and hugs. She will receive Speech and Physical Therapy several times a week. More than anything else, she will be around other children her age, and I know she will learn so much. I wasn't planning on putting her in Preschool until next Fall, and even then I was thinking 3-4 days a week for a half day. But, I know it's time for her to go to school, and I know that she needs more than I can give her. I've noticed some huge changes just in the past couple weekends that the weather has been nice and she's been able to get outside and run around and play. I'm excited to see the changes ahead. Ava is such a sweet, happy girl, I just can't wait for her to be able to communicate more! (with actual words) Even today while we were visiting her class, she was mimicking words and some sign language! I'm very encouraged by what I witnessed today, and her teacher is AWESOME! I won't have any excuses why my chores don't get done now! I will say I'm looking forward to my chores only taking a couple hours or so instead of all day long. But, I will miss my sweetie and our carefree time together. Thankfully, summer is right around the corner! In the meanwhile, I will thank God that we live in a county that provides excellent services to children who need them!!






No comments:

Post a Comment