The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Sunday, April 28, 2013

School days for Ava

Ready for her first day of school!!!

She wasn't sure why she had to get up so early, but Ava was very excited about going "bye bye" and getting to wear her back pack!

These next pictures were taken by Ava's teacher, Mrs. Kristy. Ava had a great first day!

Sweet baby!!



Ava has had a great 2 weeks of school. The first week on her third day of school I left to go be with my parents. Craig's parents took and picked Ava up every day. I was real worried about being away from her since she had never stayed with anyone besides me, her dad and her sisters. Everyone said she did great, and all in all she really did. But on her second week, she has been perfect in school but a real handful once we get home. One day she screamed all the way from preschool to our house for no reason at all. I know she is exhausted and hungry. She doesn't sleep during nap time, and doesn't eat that well. I've started bringing a snack for her to eat in the car on her way home (eventhough it's only about 10 minutes) and I put her down for a nap as soon as we get home before she has a chance to be naughty. Those two things have helped tremendously, so I will keep doing that. Ava has been more clingy at home and really wants to act like a baby. I expect it's because she has to be a big girl at school, and she's there for 6 hours every day, so she's just dealing with that major change. But her teachers, who are absolutely fantastic say she is wonderful at school. I even drop her off in the car rider line and she lets them get her out like a champ and just waves goodbye to me and blows me kisses.  When she's not fussing at home, I really do notice that she is using more words and counting more. She even started dancing to the music the other day in a way that she has never done before. I have been so stressed with everything going on with my dad (read my prior post if you don't know what I'm talking about) that I know Ava feels my "stress!" I pray for patience with her as I deal everything.......

No comments:

Post a Comment