I'm so proud of Ava! Normally when we go to church, Ava just sits on our lap and is so good. I just haven't been able to bring myself to leave her anywhere yet. I know it's been long enough (close to 5 months now) and I know Ava can handle it, but I still just haven't done it. Well today I decided that we needed to do what's best for Ava and let her be around other children and learn that we WILL come back and get her. The nursery workers were so sweet, and when I explained our situation they even gave me a pager. I grasped it the entire service so I wouldn't miss the "vibrate" in case Ava needed me! Well, needless to say, the pager never went off, and the workers said she did great! So, Ava will now be going to Children's Church while we go to Church. It was really wonderful! We decided to put her in the 2 year old class, and she fit in perfectly. The 3's and the 4's are together, so we thought the 2's would be best. The workers said she had about 2 minutes of wondering where "Mommy" was, but that she was easily consolable!! That makes me feel so good, especially since she will be going to school in April. I have her meeting the beginning of April to find out exactly which school she will be attending and for how many days.
I was able to catch her just long enough to get a picture! She does not like to hold still for pictures these days!
We decorated Easter eggs today!
You never get too old to do this!
Ava loved drawing on the eggs and putting stickers on them! She just giggled in delight! We always wonder what she thinks every time she does something new like this. A lot of times she just says "WOW!!" I think that would probably be my response too! "WOW, we never did anything like this in China....." Sometimes I think she probably thinks we are crazy too, like when I got out the Easter baskets the other day and we practiced hiding some plastic Easter eggs! She just kept saying "ball," and throwing the eggs!! She's so cute, we just have so much fun :))




No comments:
Post a Comment