Remember that list I wrote about several weeks ago?? The one where everything was breaking and I felt that Satan was just trying to discourage us? On that list was the dead tree that needed to be cut down. (the one where it was struck by lightening and the branch fell on our house and did some damage?)
Ok, well this is the rest of the story...... It took forever to get someone out to give us a quote to remove the tree. After we finally got a couple people to look at it, we decided to have them just cut down the tree and drop it in the woods behind our house. They came last week to cut down the tree. I was really excited because the tree had been stuck by lightening twice and I didn't want to take any more chances. I was taking pictures of the guy climbing high up our tree. He was cutting off limbs as he was going up and was prepping it to fall down into the woods behind our house. I had my camera out as he was pushing the tree....The guy in charge asked Amelio (the guy climbing) if he wanted to rope off the top, but Amelio said no the tree was straight and he knew it would fall the right way. Well he was pushing, and I heard the tree crack so I was ready to take the picture; then I heard Amelio screaming and through the lens of my camera I saw the tree falling the WRONG way....ON OUR HOUSE!!!!! I threw my camera down and ran to the back of the house. Laura was inside doing homework at the kitchen table, right by the back window, and that's all I could think about. I saw where most of the tree landed on our bedroom/ sitting area. I was relieved, but I ran inside to check out everything. Thankfully, no one was hurt and the tree did not crash through the ceiling! Scared us all to death though.
On the other hand, they made an absolute MESS, and there was a little hole in our roof. The tree guys fixed our roof and cleaned up the limbs and had to cut down a few extra trees that got damaged. I just decided not to get too upset about this. What did I expect to the tree that had been struck by lightening TWICE!!! Satan tried to discourage us one more time, but we're still not gonna let him. The way I look at it is: God put a big ole Maple tree in the way of that yucky poplar tree to block the fall, and save our house and my precious daughter. Even the climber wasn't hurt. His ego might have been---he just had to step aside and watch the tree fall in the wrong direction. I'm sure a completely helpless feeling for him. The tree guys thanked me endlessly for not being mean or threatening to sue them. I was just thankful no one got hurt. I think they probably beat themselves up for the accident, I didn't have to say much at all.
Ok, well this is the rest of the story...... It took forever to get someone out to give us a quote to remove the tree. After we finally got a couple people to look at it, we decided to have them just cut down the tree and drop it in the woods behind our house. They came last week to cut down the tree. I was really excited because the tree had been stuck by lightening twice and I didn't want to take any more chances. I was taking pictures of the guy climbing high up our tree. He was cutting off limbs as he was going up and was prepping it to fall down into the woods behind our house. I had my camera out as he was pushing the tree....The guy in charge asked Amelio (the guy climbing) if he wanted to rope off the top, but Amelio said no the tree was straight and he knew it would fall the right way. Well he was pushing, and I heard the tree crack so I was ready to take the picture; then I heard Amelio screaming and through the lens of my camera I saw the tree falling the WRONG way....ON OUR HOUSE!!!!! I threw my camera down and ran to the back of the house. Laura was inside doing homework at the kitchen table, right by the back window, and that's all I could think about. I saw where most of the tree landed on our bedroom/ sitting area. I was relieved, but I ran inside to check out everything. Thankfully, no one was hurt and the tree did not crash through the ceiling! Scared us all to death though.
On the other hand, they made an absolute MESS, and there was a little hole in our roof. The tree guys fixed our roof and cleaned up the limbs and had to cut down a few extra trees that got damaged. I just decided not to get too upset about this. What did I expect to the tree that had been struck by lightening TWICE!!! Satan tried to discourage us one more time, but we're still not gonna let him. The way I look at it is: God put a big ole Maple tree in the way of that yucky poplar tree to block the fall, and save our house and my precious daughter. Even the climber wasn't hurt. His ego might have been---he just had to step aside and watch the tree fall in the wrong direction. I'm sure a completely helpless feeling for him. The tree guys thanked me endlessly for not being mean or threatening to sue them. I was just thankful no one got hurt. I think they probably beat themselves up for the accident, I didn't have to say much at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment