The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Friday, March 23, 2012

Notarize, Certify, Authenticate.....



Well, you know it must be pretty important for me to drive into downtown Atlanta by myself.... and you know it is a miracle that I didn't get lost, or side swiped by another car, or stuck in traffic!!  Needless to say, Atlanta traffic is not my favorite thing. When we moved here, I decided that I-85 S was not the place I wanted to drive! But the roads were clear, and I was on a mission! I told Craig that I was a momma on a mission and nobody better get in my way:)

I got 9 out of the 13 documents needed for our dossier Certified by the State, and I immediately went to Fed Ex and sent them to Texas (the China Consulate) to get authenticated. My Birth Certificate is in Chicago (the China Consulate for IN) and I'm waiting to get another marriage certificate (NC wrote the WRONG ISSUE DATE on the back of the cert) then I will send that and Craig's BC to Washington DC (the China Consulate for NC) to be authenticated!!!  I've had some problems with NC Secretary of State. First they apostilled Craig's BC and our Marriage Cert, instead of Certified, so I had to resend them, then as I was checking the signatures and dates I noticed that the NC Health Department had 1/3/2011 as the issue date instead of 1/3/2012........Holy Cow!!! I had to call and get them to send me a correct marriage cert., and now I have to send it to NC to get certified for the 3rd time!!!  Glad I'm doing this part of the paperwork early!!  (Thank you, Donna!)

And just think, I get to go to Atlanta several more times before we are finished with this!!!  Yeahhhh, I can hardly wait. Haha   I may decide I like I-85 S after all :o

1 comment: