Dear Andrew,
I know that one day you might look back through this blog and notice that there haven't been many posts about you during our adoption process. Trust me, it's not because I haven't thought about you-because believe me, you have been on my mind every second of the day, in the middle of the night, when I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. We've been working very hard in order to bring you home. We've been working on your bedroom, and we've had tons of fundraisers, a yard sale, we sold t-shirts, Threads of Hope Bracelets, and more! I've also had a private Facebook page where I post most of your updates.
Along with just the normal adoption paperwork, I've also had your big sister Ava to take care of! So I haven't had a lot of time to just sit down and blog.
But here are the things that I want you to know. I cannot WAIT to see you for the very first time, and to hold you, and to LOVE you. I have LOVED you for many many months now, and I've been praying that God would help you to be able to feel that we love you, even though you might not understand. I'm so happy that God is letting me be your mommy. I am so happy to finally have a son! Adoption can be a really hard thing, but it is also so, so beautiful. As a child of God, He has adopted me- and has promised to love me and always take care of me. And that's what we are promising you. You will always be loved, and always be taken care of. You will have a family who adores you, and most of all, you will have a Heavenly Father who loves you even more than we do. Our Heavenly Father is the One who made this adoption possible. God matched us together! And I know that we will be perfect for each other.
When we adopted your sister Ava our lives were changed forever, and I know that you will also change our lives. We just can't wait to bring you home and show you how much you are loved. We are honored to be your family. You are precious, my sweet love. It's not going to be much longer that you have to live without a mommy, daddy or sisters who treasure you. We are going to teach you all about what it means to have a family. And we are going to teach you all about Our Lord and Savior. Please always remember that YOU are important.
I love you,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment