The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Thursday, December 26, 2013

November-December 2013

I thought I would just pull my favorite pictures, and try to catch up that way!! I'm not doing so good at blogging these days. Just trying to keep up with my day to day routine has me very busy!

We started out in November by going to Christine's soccer tournament! Her team (Craig is the coach) won 2nd place. They played some really tough teams and really played hard.


Christine got into a little "collision" during tournament. She had a shiner for about a week or so afterwards.

Christine was inducted into the Jr. National Beta Club. We are so proud of her!


We finally broke down and let Ava ride on the train at the Mall. It's really highway robbery to pay as much as they charge for less than 5 minutes of riding, but Ava had such a great time, it was worth it!


For Thanksgiving we went to see my mom. We had a wonderful time and ate at the Pinehurst Country Club which was fantastic! It's been our tradition the past few years to take our first Christmas pictures at the Pinehurst Hotel in front of this tree in the lobby.


A friend of mine gave me the idea to do the "12 days of Christmas" for Ava's teachers. Both teachers got a little gift each day, 12 days before the Christmas break. It was very creative, but I think it will be the first and last time I do that!! It was very time consuming.

Ava had a wonderful time decorating the tree this year. It was funny though because every single ornament that she hung was put on the same branch each time!! 

This was our tree! Christine did the pretty ribbon and I made the bows for the top. It's been my favorite tree!

This was taken before "Breakfast with Santa!"

We saw Santa at the mall and all Ava could talk about was sitting on Santa's lap! But whenever we got close to him at the mall she just wanted to wave and blow him a kiss. But she would still talk about sitting on his lap. I was happy that Christine came with us to the Breakfast so Ava could sit on Christine's lap, NEXT to Santa!!! Christine saved the day!!!

I love this picture of Ava standing in front of baby Jesus!

The following weekend we went to Callaway Gardens! This was inside the butterfly pavilion.

Craig and his BFF, Brett!!


Such a fun day!


Ava didn't really like all the butterflies flying around!

It rained all day, but miraculously it stopped in time for us to ride a trolley and look at the beautiful lights! 

We had a fabulous time with the Furbers!!



We saw a wild bird show and it was so cool! The birds flew right over our heads! Laura and I were right in the path of the birds and we could feel the birds flapping their wings, they were so close to our heads! We ducked every time!

On the trolley!!!

In front of the lights!


They had some shops that we went into afterwards!


Ava got her hair cut and it is adorable!! It looks so healthy and much thicker!
We were getting ready to go to school. I was in charge of the party for her class. We made homemade "snow cream" and little snow men! (out of tube socks and rice--they turned out so cute!)


This is Ava's teacher. She loves her :)) 

This is Ava's assistant teacher! Such a sweet lady.

The day after the girls got out of school we headed for NC to have Christmas at Poppa's. Poppa got Ava a mustard seed necklace. All the granddaughter's have one, and it was so special for Poppa to remember to do that for Ava!

David, Ross and Will!

Christine, Rebekah and Laura

Ava and Will

We came home the evening before Christmas eve, so we could be home for Christmas!


All the girls got new Alpaca Bears! Laura's old one is falling apart. I have sewn it together many times!

Ava was really excited, but very soon she became overwhelmed. I think it was definitely "over stimulation" because she ended up being very whiny. Some parts of the day were awesome for her, and other parts she just wasn't quite herself.

She loved her new baby!

All the girls got new jammies that they got to open on Christmas Eve. 

Craig and his 3 girls!

I have the best presents in the world!!

Craig fixed us Christmas steaks on the grill! They were so good!!

Sister love!

Laura got all 10 seasons of "Friends." She was very excited. 

Christine got a pretty necklace from Laura.

Ava got a Barbie Convertible!

We had a fantastic day! Very relaxing. We stayed in our pajamas all day and got some much needed relaxation and quiet family time!

We even went outside (with our pajamas and coats!) so Ava could drive her car!!! 

This was one of our best Christmases ever. We are so thankful for all that God has given us. 2013 has been full of challenges and blessings. There have been many twists and turns but I know that it has all been part of God's plan. We look forward to 2014!  


No comments:

Post a Comment