![]() |
| Gotcha Day 4 months home 8 months home |
It's hard to believe that 8 months ago today we were on a plane flying home from China with our sweet baby girl. Sometimes it seems like we have always had Ava, but other times it seems like it was just yesterday that we were in China. I can still smell all the weird smells, and hear the honking horns and the zipping of mopeds. I can hear the sound of fireworks that were set off at weddings. (Weddings occurred daily in various hotel lobbies) I can see the smog in the sky from all the pollution, but then I see the beautiful mountains and the Great Wall. I can remember the huge brass Buddahs and feeling how LOST those people really are, putting all their beliefs and faith in a "statue." I remember how desperately I wanted to get home to the comforts of my own house and fresh water and clean clothes. But now I would do almost anything to go BACK. I remember visiting Ava's orphanage and feeling helpless that I could only take one child home with us, when there were so many that needed a family. I know that God opened out hearts to help the ORPHANS of the world, and we would go back in a heartbeat. We'll have to see if that's God's plan for us or just our desires. We are constantly praying about this. We are so blessed that God let us have this experience!
Ava loves her sunglasses, and she's getting braver in the pool! Physically she is so much stronger than when we first got her. She could barely walk, and now she can run everywhere and go up and down steps. Ava is so loving, and loves to be cuddled and held!





SO happy for your whole family! Love how relaxed and happy she looks today compared to 8 months ago.
ReplyDelete