We received our I-800 approval in the mail today! The I-800 is the petition to homeland security to specifically adopt Ava. This will allow her to be classified as our daughter immediately when we sign the adoption papers. We've been through tons of approvals. The approval to adopt, the approval from China stating we are fit to be Ava's parents, now the approval from the USCIS (UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATIONS SERVICES) to apply for her visa --this will allow Ava to be a United States Citizen as soon as all our paperwork is finalized in China!
We are about 3 steps away from traveling. We are still on target for the middle to end of October.
We are working on getting all the loose ends taken care of at the house. Touch up painting, making sure we have the clothes that we will need for Ava in order to get her home, finding the right suitcases, etc etc....Friends have given us a car seat, and a booster chair, a tricycle and a riding toy, some clothes, shoes, and several people have given us monetary donations. All of which we can't even begin to express our gratitude.
I can't wait to see my Ava's face for the first time! And to hold her, and love her! I have been praying that God will give her a peaceful feeling when she meets us and help her not to be afraid of us. I pray that she's happy, and she lets us hold her. (And that her grieving is minimal) I pray for her every single night when I go to bed that she is getting enough to eat for lunch (because it's normally her lunch time when I go to bed.) I pray that she has nannies who are loving her! I pray that God will give me wisdom to be the mommy that she needs. Most of all I thank God for her. My daughter that I haven't even met. It's like when you're pregnant and you carry that baby in your tummy for 9 months. Your love just grows everyday. You love that baby. Well, I feel like I've carried Ava around for 8 months now (that's been how long it's been since we decided to adopt.) She's been growing in my heart.
I've made so many friends with other adoptive parents, and it's really been a blessing to be able to share our stories and receive support from people who have "been there done that!" God has a way with putting people in your lives for a reason, and I know that He's placed many people in my path lately to encourage me and to guide me! There's just something about being around people who "get It" (about adopting) during this time!
We are thanking God "in advance" for the things that are ahead of us, and praising Him for what He has already done.

We "get it"! So hard to wait....
ReplyDelete