This is pretty stereotypical (is that a word?) but I think it's still one of our favorite outfits so far that we have bought Ava!
We had great news yesterday! Our dossier was out of translation 7/17 and we should be getting our LOA in the next couple weeks. We seem to be on target to go to China around Halloween or Thanksgiving.
There are so many emotions flying around in my head. I'm so excited and each day I get more and more confirmations from God that this is His divine plan for us. That this has been His plan all along. I don't even feel worthy to be able to raise another sweet little daughter. For some people, it might seem like such a burden or a hindrance or restraint to have a 3 year old at the age of 46! But I am overwhelmed with tears of joy when I think that God has chosen our family to be Ava's family. Out of all the families out there, He chose US!! I absolutely love this child beyond words, and I haven't even met her!!
Another emotion is impatience. The wait can be excruciating!! We are at the point where all the paperwork has been completed and there's nothing to do but WAIT! Sometimes during the wait, it can seem like this isn't really REAL. This past weekend was good for us. We visited a couple consignment shops and were able to buy some outfits for Ava. Very good deals, and we got several nice things. Up until this point we haven't purchased anything for her. We have been busy getting her room ready, etc. It just hasn't been time. But like I said, this weekend was good, we are starting to get her suitcase ready :))

Waiting is hard, but once that LOA arrives, things move along more quickly. Hope it comes soon! I love the panda outfit too!
ReplyDeleteOnce we got Ally's referral, S and L wanted to go to Kohl's to pick out a couple of outfits for her. We had always assumed we would need to buy 2 or 3T's, but when we got her measurements, I realized that we would have go to the clothes that were sized by "months". I was standing in the Kohl's baby department and literally had to leave because I couldn't breathe! The girls were worried about me; Doug got it. I was at the freaking out point, realizing that "this" was real and was really going to happen!
ReplyDeleteThe waiting is so hard - there's nothing I ever experienced like it. Some days it's exciting, some it's frustrating, some it just seems to not be real! BUT, she is real and you will be there for her soon!!! Can't wait!