This is a wonderful day for us! I know a lot of my family and friends don't know what all the adoption lingo means, so this is a quick (or maybe not so quick) overview! LID means Log In Date. What that means is our Dossier has been approved by China and that they have approved us to adopt a child from their country. We are logged in to our agency and that means that they can start "matching" us with a child based on what we have requested. (Little girl age 2-4, with minor correctable heart problems) I have "heard" that a new shared list for LID people will be coming out at the end of this month. Our coordinator at the agency has said that she would try to match us then. Of course, we know that God is not on our timetable, so we just pray for guidance and patience. It's hard to wait when we know that our child is out there somewhere and the quickest we could probably get to her would be 5 months or so.
This is probably the biggest milestone of our adoption journey so far. All the other things were important steps to get us to this place. I just can't wait to see our daughter's little face, and to get her measurements!!! It has been so hard not to buy her anything, but believe it or not, we haven't purchased one thing for Ava. I know that time will come, and I can't wait :)))))
What a wonderful day! Thank you Lord for taking care of us, please continue to take care of Ava, and protect her until we can get to her and bring her home.
And once you know, you better let me know! I'll have hand-me-downs to share!!! Laura came to tell me the big LID news tonight at the HS -- Congrats! That is a huge step! YEAH AVA!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Every step you take toward the child that is "yours" makes it harder to breathe and concentrate. Thanks for sharing your journey. Congratulations on this milestone. We have to go out soon to talk about China!!!
ReplyDelete