Two Years with Andrew Lawrence XiaoShuai
October 2016
December 2016
January 2017
March 2017
April 2017
May 2017
June 2017
July 2017
August 2017
September 2017
Well, let's just face it, my blogging days are few and far between. I thought I would try to at least do one for today! TWO years. It's hard to believe. Two years of crazy energy!!!
I could probably say most of the things this year that I said last year. Every day is different and we are still working through so many things. Just life in general; trying to all get along and put up with each other's differences!!! Craig and I are exhausted every day!
Andrew is learning so much and is so smart. His passion gets the best of him most days, but if I compare things to a year ago there have been great changes. He's very polite to others and has wonderful manners! (Not always around us, but at school; so I'm glad about that!
Andrew and Ava love each other like crazy and fuss with each other like crazy too! There are two years between them, but it's almost like they are twins. Always competing! For toys, attention, everything!
Andrew loves to swim, play outside, play with friends, and do most anything as long as it involves playing of some sort! He's also enjoying Kindergarten and doing very well!
Adoption is hard, trauma and neglect are hard, a child with ADHD is hard, being an older parent is hard.... but I would do it again. We honestly have such a long way to go, but every day is a new day, full of promises. Promises of hope, forgiveness, and healing. It just so happens that yesterday was one of the happiest days that Andrew has had. He was so loving, and kind. Sometimes he has a hard time "needing" others, and really letting his guard down. He seemed relaxed yesterday, and just genuinely happy.
Happy Gotcha Day, Andrew. We will fight this fight together--love always wins. We will love you forever, we will never leave you, and most of all we promise to teach you all about the ONE who loves you more than we do!!

No comments:
Post a Comment