It's hard to believe it's been one month since we got Andrew! (yesterday) I think everyone knows the trials we've had (and are still having) so this post will focus on all the great things that we have accomplished this month!!
1. Andrew is learning manners!!! Not to hit, and to be gentle with Ava and everyone else too. He still raises his hand like he's going to hit ( he doesn't actually do it) but a lot less than he used to.
2. Andrew is full of laughter, kisses and hugs!! When he's outside he's totally interested in playing, but when we are inside, he kisses me all the time. He loves to be rocked before nap time (naps are getting less and less, but sometimes it's still a neccesity) and always before bed time!! He's wiggly, so sometimes we only rock for a short time, but he still likes to be held.
3. Andrew is eating a little less like a piggy, and more like a little boy!! (yes, there is a difference) He sits at the table instead of running all over the house while he eats. Don't know why he thought he could do that--I would think he couldn't have done that at the orphanage. He also likes to sit on my lap and let me feed him sometimes, which I gladly do. Anytime he lets me hold him and touch him, I try to take advantage of that. He is just SO WIGGLY!!! Oh yeah, I think I've already said that!! haha
4. We have really been hermits this past month, and have tried to stay close to home. I think it's helping him. The times that we have had to go out have been pretty good. He's learning to stay close to me. I'm still working on him holding my hand in the street, parking lots, etc. so I don't like to take him anywhere very busy. He is very independent and doesn't like to hold my hand when we get out of the car. (Which is NOT good-so we are still working on that) Right now I just have to grab his hand and drag him alongside me so he doesn't run out in front of cars, etc.
5. Andrew is eating GREAT!! He hasn't eaten any meat at all since we've had him, but he loves eggs, oatmeal, rice, noodles, home made vegetable soup, macaroni and cheese, rigatoni, peas, corn, applesauce, bananas, potatoes, grits, pringles, orange juice. And OREOS!! That's about it! But it works!!!
6. Ava and Andrew are learning how to play and share. Week 4 has been so much better because I have not had to be a constant referee between the two of them. I have had to be a referee 95% of the time, but not 100% of the time like weeks past! So they are learning!
7. It's actually VERY hard to get pictures of Andrew smiling and holding still. He is always on the move and he will not pose for a picture. But when we do get a smiling picture of him, he's adorable!!
8. Andrew is now sleeping on a pillow. And he never rocks himself to sleep anymore. Sometimes he wakes in the middle of the night and I can hear him moving. When I go in his room he's on his knees rocking. I get him up, take him to potty, put him back to bed and he goes back to sleep. He never calls out or cries when he wakes up. He just hums, or makes silly sounds. He's a great sleeper!! He also never gets out of his bed like he did when we were in China. He sleeps about 12 hours each night. Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!!! That's my only QUIET time during the entire day!!!
Our little Andrew ShuaiShuai has come a long way this month!! <3
We go to the park several times a week!!! In fact we have found about 4 different ones in the area that we like. The weather has been beautiful, and he just laughs and giggles when we get to the park. He's so excited!! He loves to swing, slide and climb!
We go on lots of walks! Andrew loves the water, so we walk on trails to the water and he's happy!
This is how we are doing homeschool these days! Learning how to play with each other and share and get along!!! The freedom of homeschool has really been a lifesaver-and Ava and Andrew are definitely having time to bond.
Sweet Ava!!! Being a big sister is really hard work. She's doing very great with the responsibility! She has had her moments (about every day, lol) but she really loves having a sibling her age. They are ALWAYS together. From the time they get up, until they go to bed. Where one goes, the other one goes!!
I thought this was funny. Reminded me of Sanford and Son!!! He wanted as much is the wagon as possible, and he wanted in too!!
More Sherwin Williams sunglasses!!! They love them! And it's a miracle that Craig was able to get this picture!!! Andrew held still long enough for this and then he was on the move again!
They love playing "separately" together!! It's great when we have two of each item!! It doesn't always happen that way, but in this case it was great!! No fighting over trains and train tracks!!
Of course Andrew liked to cut!! I told Craig that if it was dangerous, I knew he would like it!! Pretty scary, because I thought he was going to cut his finger off!!!
Andrew found Ava's dress up shoes!! This just shows how hard it is to walk in high heels!!! Andrew can do headstands, flips, cartwheels, but can he walk in dress up shoes???? No way!!! So funny though!
We were walking at the park the other day and Andrew just takes off and does all these flips and spins on the concrete!!! Crazy boy!!!!
I had just a few things to get at the grocery store today so I figured I would be brave! Andrew actually did very well. This is the very first time he's been to a grocery store in America and he ooh'ed and aah'ed at all the different foods! He liked the grocery cart (I buckled him in) and he didn't try to get down. All in all I would say it was a success!

No comments:
Post a Comment