We started out April by going to Pinehurst for a wedding shower for my Mom!!! Her sweet friends Barb and Kate hosted a Bridal Brunch at their home which was beautiful!!!
Our family along with Sean and Lorie and their family were there to share Mom and Mike's special day! I'm so thrilled that my mom found such a wonderful man to share her life with!
Everything (and everyone)was beautiful!!!
After the wedding Sean and Lorie and Cam and Sophia came home with us to GA and we had a few days to "play!" We went bowling one day!
And to the mall one day!
Ava and Sophia both bungee jumped! I was really proud of Ava for doing this!
While we were at the Mall, Christine and Sophia went with Ava to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap!!! So precious!!!
After Spring Break, Ava started riding the bus! Oh, my heart. Her teachers and I decided it would be a good idea to get her started on it this year so it wouldn't be such a shock next year when she starts Kindergarten!
She cried one day, but evidently only for a few minutes! I'm sure I was more upset the day she cried than she was!!!
Easter Sunday!
Christine (#8) played her last season of soccer this Spring. She has played for over 10 years and either Craig or I have been her coach. Next Fall she will be in the High School marching band, so we think this may be the end of her soccer career. She has done awesome and scored in most every game! Her team was undefeated this year and came in 2nd place in the overall Tournament Championship.
Ava has loved feeling like she was a part of the team!!!
I'm very proud of our Dacula Strykers! They played with all their hearts, with class, and sportsmanship!! What a great group of girls, parents, and of course I think the coach is AWESOME!!
Christine and Laura may be finished with soccer, but I bet we will be back on the soccer field in another year or so!!!
This is Christine, ready for her 8th grade formal! What a beauty!!!
Beautiful Hair!!
She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside!!
Daddy is proud as a peacock!!!
Christine and her friends!!!
We had 8th grade awards night where Christine received many awards!!
This is Christine and her friends, along with her favorite teacher!!!
Ava was so good through the whole ceremony!!! She is growing up too!!!
Christine received Principal's Honor Award, The Shining Light Award, Outstanding Effort in Band, and Academic Excellence in Accelerated Algebra 1!!!! I can't believe that Christine will be a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL!!!
And what's even harder to believe is that Ava is going to KINDERGARTEN!!!!!! She will be going to a local elementary school that has a Special Needs program that fits her needs! She will still receive Speech, Physical, and Occupational Therapy next year. She's catching up in her own time! We think she's a little smartie pants! But she also loves to be the baby, so we are just happy that she is learning and growing and so happy! We will accept her time schedule to learn!! She does know her colors fairly consistently now and can count to 10 very clearly. She can draw a stick figure and write the letter "A!" She can run around and play with her friends and doesn't miss a beat understanding whatever we are saying!! She's very possessive of me when I'm around other children, which I think is AWESOME! She also definitely treats Laura and Christine like "sisters" and not like they are her "mommy!" I kind of think it's a little funny that she doesn't always obey them!! But she usually ALWAYS obeys me now!! She's quite a "pleaser" and wants to make sure that I am happy with her! She's so loving and gentle. God was right when He said to trust Him and He'd bring us more JOY than we could ever imagine!!
Ava used to be so afraid of bubbles, but I don't think that's the case anymore!!!
I think we are going to have a GREAT summer!!!
Laura finished her first year in College and was on the Dean's list both semesters! She had a great first year, met so many wonderful friends, became really involved in BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry) and was even nominated to be on the FAT team (which was like a Freshman Leadership Training program) for missions. At the end of the year she was chosen to be in the Leadership Program for next year over Campus Communications. Laura found a church near her college that she really enjoyed and her and her room mate attended regularly. I couldn't be more proud of her and the choices she has made! I always knew Laura had such a loving, pure heart and she loved the Lord, but it's always exciting to see how God works. Now that she's growing up and living away at college, it's even more exciting to see how God is working in her life! She's getting ready to go to China for 2 weeks in July with Bring Me Hope. She will be volunteering at a special needs camp for orphans, and she will be assigned several children to tend to and love during that duration. I know that will change her life, and I pray that she will touch the lives of the children and translators that she comes in touch with. When she gets back home she will advocate for the children she met and try to find them a "forever family." Laura also got her first job, working at Zaxby's!!! So she is a busy girl!!!! But it's so nice to have her home for the summer!
We ended May by going to the Dacula Memorial Day Parade. That's always such a fun time and we ended up seeing several of our sweet friends!






















No comments:
Post a Comment