The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Highlights from the past few months


Our life has been a whirlwind. I thought I'd just capture some highlights and leave it at that!!! January was fairly calm, but in February we had a wedding, Craig had surgery, Ava and Craig had pneumonia and Laura had some issues that we believe to be kidney stones. I was busy taking care of everyone and trying not to get sick myself!! March has been good so far, with beautiful weather one day, and cold dreary weather the next day. I think we are all ready to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!

Ava had a great time playing in the snow!! I wasn't sure if she'd like it or not because she hates the rain, but she had a blast and never wanted to come inside!!


My niece Olivia got married the beginning of February, so we were able to go to NC and visit family and see her beautiful wedding.

My beautiful big girls!!!

They were all stunning!!

A family picture!!!

The Friday after the wedding, Craig had foot surgery. He supposedly had 2 torn tendons, but when they got in there to do the surgery they saw that they weren't torn, but that they were very inflamed and wrapped around an extra bone that he was born with. They took the bone out. He was in a cast for 4 weeks, then in a walking boot for 2 weeks. It's amazing the things we take for granted, like being able to take a shower standing up and being able to get your entire body wet!! It was surely a challenge, but we all made it!!!

Beautiful, right??

My sweet little punkin' is just now comfortable enough at bath time to lay on her tummy! Up until just recently she would just sit in a little ball and let me wash her hair and body. She didn't dislike her bath she just wasn't very relaxed!!

On her way to school!!


Christine and I got to go to the USA/Russia women's soccer game at the GA dome. It was supposed to be that Laura and Christine went and I was going to stay home with Ava because Craig had just had his foot surgery 5 days ago. BUT, there was a huge snow storm and the game was rescheduled and we didn't feel that it was safe for Laura to drive home from college to go. So, I reaped the reward and Craig took care of Ava and I went with Christine! We had so much fun and USA won so that was awesome.


Last Sunday we took a picnic lunch to Dahlonega and had a wonderful afternoon with Laura and Jade! Laura found a wonderful park with a little creek, swings, and it was just beautiful. The weather was so nice, it was really the perfect day!

Ava enjoyed running around playing frisbee and soccer!

So sweet!!

Funny faces!!

Jade, Laura, Christine and Ava

Christine and Laura!!


These past few months have been a bit challenging but I'm thankful it's all behind us! We are looking forward to Spring, and new beginnings including no sickness!!




No comments:

Post a Comment