The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chinese New Year's Party


This is a party that we look forward to all year long! It's hosted by the Harkness's, and this year they had it catered by Lin's Bistro (one of our favorite Chinese Restaurants!) and it was held at Dacula HS in the commons area. It was just perfect! The kids had a place to run and play and everyone could talk, eat and have a good time. It was great to see other adoptive parents that we saw last year, new couples who are adopting, and I even got to meet a few families that I had met through Facebook! What a wonderful day! I did learn that I need to work on Ava's "sharing skills" because she absolutely loved being pushed around on the "chair cart" and had a nice little temper tantrum every time she had to get off! She cried big alligator tears, and kicked and screamed. Not a pretty sight! Then she would get down and run around with the other children until it was her turn. She would get so excited, then when her turn was over and she had to get off, the tantrum started all over again. I guess that's the downside to having two sisters ages 17 and 13. She isn't required to share much!! Oh well, we will work on that somehow!! Besides that (which was just a "little" funny) we had an absolute blast!!



What a beautiful bunch!!

My wonderful friend Donna, with Ava.

Alaina, Lucy and Ally

Sweet little Olivia (who just got home about 3 weeks ago!) and Ava

I love their matching dresses!

Olivia just turned 3, Ava will turn 4 next month.

Christine, Ava and Laura-----my 3 beautiful girls!

Ava and her new friend Shannon!

Craig with a bunch of sweet kiddos!! He pushed them all around the cafeteria. (Yes, he still has his diverticulitis. He's better, but he may regret the exercise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment