The Hyatt's

The Hyatt's

Friday, April 20, 2012

DTC!!!!

Today was an amazing day!!  I went to Lawrenceville to get our I-797 (the I-800A approval form) certified by the county, then to Atlanta to get it certified by the state, then I went to Fedex to mail it to Houston, Texas to be authenticated. When I got home, my remaining 2 documents that I had been waiting on had arrived, so I turned back around and went to Fedex again and mailed off our Dossier documents (pictured above) to our agency in CA!!!  So, all that to say that we should be DTC (Dossier to China) next Friday!!!!!!!

For my friends and family who are not familiar with adoption lingo, what this means is that after China receives our Dossier, they approve us to adopt a child within their country, and we become Logged In to our agency. This allows us to start receiving "referrals" from our agency. A "referral" is a file of a child who meets our desires. ( a little girl, ages 0-48 months with specific mild special needs)  We would at that point decide from the medical file and a few pictures, if that child is our Ava!  I know I better enjoy the fact that I feel things are moving at a great pace now, because I KNOW that when I see our little girl, time will stand still until we will be able to bring her home :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment